WELCOME TO JEMA UNLIMITED

Live, laugh and love much

Friday, June 11, 2010

Cold / dust mask


COLD BREATHING MASK

Another great pattern by Maria Rei-Rod for those spring pollen filled allergy days or for dusty roads while bike riding.
Made small enough for a child, can also be used by an adult. The ear pieces made of I cord and sew together.
Materials:
1 or 2 oz of worsted weight yarn
Size 6 needle
And DPN for I-cord
Gauge: 5 sts / 7 rows = 1 inch
Ear loops: make 2. I-cord of 3 sts for 5 or 6 inches
Mask: Co 40 sts and k 6 rows.
Next Row 7 (WS): k5, p30, k5
Row 8: k across.
Repeat rows 7 and 8 once more.
next row: k5, p30, k5
Shape:
Row 1 (RS): k 25, turn
Row 2: P20, k 5 sts, turn
Row 3: K to end.
Row 4: k5, p20, turn
Row 5: k to end
Row 6: k5, p30, k5
Repeat these 6 rows once more.
Row 13: k across.
Row 14: k5, p30, k5
Rep rows 13 and 14 once more
Then K 6 rows for edge.
Cast off.
Make 2: I-cords about 6 to 8 inches for ears and sew together.


ERRATA: The original pattern has been revised and found several errors with it. It has been fixed and I added new row for easier understanding. I apologize for any discomfort this may have caused.

No comments: